Wednesday 18 January 2012

Converse nails

Hey, to do these Converse inspired nails you will need 5 different colours (whichever you want) I chose a blue, red, black, sparkly pink and gold. For the white detailing I used acrylic paint and for the black I used a liquid eyeliner. I think the colours stand out a lot more then the black so perhaps leave that out. It was quite tricky to get it neat and I was a little rushed but they really catch the eye and make you smile. I started off as always with a base coat. I then painted all the nails a different colour. after they had dried I drew a curved tip (inwards instead of outwards like a french manicure) and 3 criss - crosses down the centre (do as few or as many as you like) in white acrylic paint. After that was completely dry I finished it off with some small dots where the trainer shoelace holes would be and a curved line through the centre of the white tip - I did these both with black liquid eyeliner. Seal it all off with a few coats of clear nail varnish and enjoy. I was a little rushed and they are not quite as neat as I would of liked but maybe you can do better : ) x


Difficulty Rating 4/5 (bit fiddley)

No comments:

Post a Comment