Tuesday 17 January 2012

Banksy Nails

I'm a big fan of Banksy's work so thought I would do one of my favourites as a nail art design. I used acrylic paints for these (I got 10 different coloured tubes for £1 from the £1 shop) First I did the all important base coat, I actually did two as acrylics are not made for nails of course. I then painted all of the nails white, after that dried I used a clean liquid eyeliner wand and a black acrylic paint to draw the design- it took me a while to get it looking exactly how I wanted so don't stress if you get it wrong your first, second or even third try. The great thing about working with acrylics is you can paint over any little (or big) mistakes so quickly. I left the middle finger white and then drew the balloon on the ring finger. I stayed up way past my bedtime doing this but got a great response and it was totally worth it!

Alternatively if it suits you more you could make a stencil of the design!

Difficulty Rating: 5/5 (I am not a natural artist!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment